Plot and GameplayEdit
The game takes place in the year 2281, a post-apocalyptic american west implements free roam and first-person shooter games to create an amazing combination of the two. The player runs around and accomplishes missions at his/her will and can go out and hunt desert animals to rack up points or gain what the animal is carrying and use it to his/her benefit. Mutations from nuclear warfare have rendered most of the animals larger and more dangerous than their ancestors. The giant desert ants and scorpions just another danger that waits in the perilous deserts of California and Nevada.
The game features "Hardcore Mode" which not only makes the game more realistic, but much harder.
- Stimpaks and food do not heal the player right away, but instead do so over a period of time.
- RadAway will not decrease radiation poison right away but again, gradually over time.
- The healing of crippled limbs requires either a "Doctor's Bag", Sleeping in an owned or rented bed, A chemical called "Hydra" or by visiting a doctor.
- Stimpaks cannot heal limbs.
- The player must eat, drink, and sleep to avoid dehydration and exhaustion, respectively, with each illness decreasing various skills
- Ammo and other objects have weight and if the player exeeds this weight they become wieged down and must get rid of something in order to be able to travel at a normal speed again
An achievment (on Xbox and Steam) or a trophy (on PlayStation 3) is awarded after completing hardcore mode.
New California RepublicEdit
The New California Republic (NCR) is a democratic federation mostly based in California but with holdings in Nevada, Oregon, Mexico and along the Colorado River. The NCR lives up to old world values such as democracy, liberty and the rule of law. Though the NCR strives to keep order and progress in the Wasteland, in recent years there has been struggle to do so. The NCR was founded in 2189 by Aradesh, who ruled until 2196.